Saturday, February 16, 2013

Fluttering Hearts Contest Entry


I love creating original designs and my latest "Baby's First Valentine" Rag Quilt is one of my favorites.  A sweet baby quilt that makes a great baby shower gift or Baptismal gift for a special little girl.





This week I have entered my quilt in the "Fluttering Hearts" Quilting Gallery Contest.  Please check it out and cast your vote for up to 4 of your favorite quilts.  I may not be the fanciest, but I do believe I have the sweetest looking quilt in the contest.

My quilt is made up of 3 different fabrics, 2 in different shades of pink and one in a brown "sweet pea" all over print on a pale pink background.  It has layered hearts in the center medallion and smaller hearts in the corners which have been clipped to create the "rag" effect along with all the exposed seams.  It is finished off with a traditional quilt binding in the print fabric.

Please check out the contest and cast your votes.

No comments: