Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day

I have been busy laboring over my sewing machine trying to complete some of the projects on my inventory list. I have tons of stuff to get done and so far I have some women's tote bags and purses done with several more to finish. I have completed a lap quilt top and I plan to start doing the machine quilting sometime tomorrow morning.

I love the totes I completed today, I decided to give them a different look by rounding up the bottom instead of doing the usual box shape that I normally do. Last night I sat down and made a pattern and it worked out really great, making the cutting and assembly so much faster than the hit or miss technique of the day before.

I will have to do an inventory list on a spreadsheet so that I know what I have done and what needs to get finished, maybe a little organization will help my production efforts.

All of this is done between driving my daughter to school and to work, doing errands and housework. I feel exhausted and frustrated, not feeling that anything is getting completely done because of all the interruptions.

I am feeling apprehensive about this whole endeavor and I keep praying that it all works out, although I am not fooling myself that it will be a walk in the park. There are so many things that have to get done, one step at a time, is all I can do.

No comments: