Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What a Week!

I haven't posted anything for awhile because I have been busy, busy, busy. I am working on 4 custom items 2 of which are due this week and I still have a way to go to finish up.

I spent this last weekend at the Houston Quilt Show and I had a blast. I met up with some forum friends and caught up on what had happened since we last met in Houston and planned on getting together again next year. Shopped till I dropped every night and took a class on Long Arm Quilting with Pam Clarke, all that left me totally exhausted and I have been recovering since.LOL

I have posted some new items in my etsy shop and still hoping that customers are encouraged to start buying Christmas gifts. Taking pictures of items for sale can be very time consuming and I still need to keep working on getting that perfect picture.

I purchased an HQ16 mid arm quilter and it should be arriving sometime this week and I am really looking forward to playing with my new toy. I took that class in Houston so that I would be ready to go when my machine arrived and hopefully wouldn't be too intimidated by it.

The newest design I am working on is a "tossed nine patch" pattern made with 4 inch blocks instead of the usual 5 inch. This quilt is a doll quilt in red, white and blue, that a customer ordered to decorate a bench in her home. I will post a picture tomorrow of the finished quilt.

No comments: