Monday, June 29, 2009

Moving On

I got Dad settled back into his own home today and I am feeling a little down in the dumps. He was anxious to get back to his regular routine but I had enjoyed having him here where I could make sure he was well taken care of. My husband and daughter both comfort me with the fact that short of hog tying him, we were not going to get him to stay.

I tried to work on some sewing this afternoon but I just felt so overwhelmed with all the projects that are yet to be finished that I just couldn't get going.

Tomorrow I will get an early start and go through the piles of projects on my work table and sort them out by priority and then sit down and get to work. I have a couple of new tote patterns that I really want to try out but those stacks of projects keep getting in the way.

Whenever my enviornment gets out of whack and chaotic my creative side seems to just shut down. Some folks seem to be able to work at their best when their desk is piled high with things to do, but me, I need space.

I hope that tomorrow the "space" in my life will seem a little neater and my vision will be a little clearer. I wish everyone "space and vision" to create in whatever way you choose.

No comments: