Thursday, September 22, 2011

I Love Texas!


"As a child my families menu consisted of two choices:  take it, or leave it."
Buddy Hackett



A favorite at last years craft shows were my recycled/upcycled denim jean aprons. With denim in so many different colors I have a variety of jeans to work with and I can coordinate the cotton fabrics I use with them, but this week I was able to put together a couple of aprons with standard blue denim jeans that show my love of the great state of Texas.  I consider myself a true Texan having been born and raised here, even though I spent most of my adult life living in other parts of the world because of my husbands duty stations in the military.

As a tribute to all my fellow Texas cooks out there I have created these two aprons.

                                                                                        

I have a variety of designs and I use different colored denim jeans to create with, but these two are a couple of my favorites.  They make great gifts especially for a Texan that is living far away from home to help them show off their true Texas pride.  I have also created a couple of custom order aprons using Texas themed fabrics for a customer that wanted to send her daughter that lived out of state a special gift from home.  Whatever your special interest is, if there is a fabric, I can create an apron from it. 

I hope that this inspires some but if you find you don't have the time or inclination to work on this sort of project just click on the link and head to my shop and browse what is available.  If you don't see what you want then just contact me for a custom order.

I need to get back to making my Christmas gift list, I have my own someone special in mind for a Texas apron.      

2 comments:

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Another Texan who was dragged over the state line! Your aprons are darling and heaven knows I've got a ton of discarded Wranglers! There is a new line of Texas fabric that is on my list of must haves. Have you seen it?
www.quiltacrosstexas.com/fabric.asp
It was made for the Texas Shop Hop. Hoping to get my hands on some next month...unless I break down and order it online. :)

quiltingfrenzy said...

Thanks for the comment. Yes, I have seen the fabric and one of my LQS has it in stock so it is on my shopping list for this weekend.