Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Quilted Holiday Decor



Flower pot cozies are a new addition to my shop inventory as I prepare for the upcoming holidays.  The combination of home decorator fabrics and quilter's cotton really dress up these fun little cozies and they make a great gift or decor idea.  Dress up your potted plant or silk flower arrangement or fill with homemade goodies to use as a lovely holiday decor item or give as a gift. They are part of my "affordable" Christmas items that I am including in my craft show inventory to make gift giving fun and easy on the pocket book.  The cozy pictured above recently sold and is on its way to Florida to dress up someone's holiday home decor but there are also more in different fabric combinations in my shop waiting to find a home.



     


Made in different fabric combinations these little cozies can be made for any holiday or celebration and because they are soft sided they are easily stored to use next year.  Red wool and cotton lace dress up this fun holly print to make a great holiday hostess gift combination of some sweets and flowers.

This was a fun project to do and my family will be celebrating birthdays soon so I plan to add some birthday cozies to give as gifts.  I plan on filling them with candy bouquets to give as gifts so now I am busy looking up project ideas on how to make candy bouquets which will be another money saving idea.

I love giving gifts but going broke is not fun for me or my customers, so looking for affordable projects that I can make as gifts or add to my shop has become a mission for me.

No comments: