Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Quilting In PJ's

Welcome to my Wednesday!

I have decided that the early morning quilting I do is probably my best work. There is something about getting into my sewing room at 6:30 in the morning that helps me be more creative, colors look brighter, ideas are fresh and I am looking at everything with a new perspective.

I walk into my sewing room and there is the mandatory clearing off of my ironing board and cutting table, then I log onto my computer, turn the tv on and then switch on the sewing machine. This ritual is how I start my day at work and if done in a different order things just don't seem to feel right.LOL Although it seems that there is a method to the madness, I really struggle keeping the design monkeys in check. I always say, "I have more ideas than I have time" and whenever I look at a new, or old, piece of fabric I have to restrain myself from starting a new project.

This weeks project has been a baby rag quilt for my babybagagge.etsy.com shop.



This type of quilt is a simple design that is made by sewing together two layers of flannel and then clipping seams to create a fringe. The clipping can be exhausting if you don't have a really sharp pair of scissors or special rag quilt scissors.

For a heavier quilt you can sew three layers of flannel as I have done in my ladybug quilt http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=19273503



Or you can add a piece of batting between your layers of fabric, as I did in this quilt that I made for my mother-in-law that lives in Indiana .



Well, back to work so that I can finish up my baby quilt and get it listed tonight.

Drop by any time or check back next week and see what is up and what we are "Quilting In PJ's".

No comments: