Friday, February 6, 2009

Rejected, sort of

I found out today that my quilt design for a magazine is being sent back. I am not sure if you can classify it as a total rejection since the magazine is just getting off the ground and the launch date has been pushed back by 6 months. Reason for return is that my submission is not for the correct season and they want seasonal patterns. Oh, well!

Back to to the drawing board. I plan on finishing up this design and possibly selling it on my etsy shop or selling the pattern and see if anyone is interested in my original designs.

Even though this isn't an outright rejection of my idea it is still disappointing and I am not sure how I feel about submitting it anywhere else or any of my other patterns. Am I ready to be rejected? I don't know how to answer that right now.

If at first you don't succeed, never give up!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

awwww. im sorry to hear that. i have been rejected by many magazines over my career at publishing. my only advice.. Keep submitting!!!