Thursday, March 18, 2010

Blog Break

I took a blog break yesterday, needed to catch up on some projects and also wanted to enjoy some time outdoors in the sun.  I love to quilt but I also enjoy gardening and during this time of the year the outdoors calls to me to come out and clean up the flowerbeds.  I took some pictures of the before (empty flowerbeds and dry bare bushes) and hopefully later this spring and summer I can get some pictures of the after (flowering plants and lush greenery).

With thoughts of spring and summer on the way I thought the best thing  to feature today are some of the wonderful art pieces by the members of the Etsy Quiltsy Team.

This lovely 9 X 8 inch hanging is quilted to add texture and depth to the wall hanging.

The quilting in this piece is used to add detail as well as embellish this lovely work of art.  To get a closer look at the detail of the quilting click on the link and get a better view.

This is truly a OOAK(one of a kind) piece that has been made by upcycling black sunflowers off a dress.  This piece has been hand appliqued and finished off with hand quilting.

These three items are but a few of the creative, unique, pieces that are available from the Quiltsy Team.  I have been searching through picture after picture of beautiful quilted items and because my space is limited it is difficult to showcase everyone.  I just want my readers to know that there are so many lovely items to be found by searching through the Etsy "quiltsy team".  We are a group of quilters that want everyone to know that quilts are something to be showcased and enjoyed no matter what your taste.  

Check tomorrow to see more of the Quiltsy Team as I showcase some of the traditional designs in not so traditional colors.  Please feel free to leave a comment and/or links to any of your favorites from the Quiltsy Team.


3 comments:

Attack of the Vintage said...

Yes, the gardens and the warmer weather are calling us outside to enjoy. Great garden selections! Thanks for including my black sunflowers in your blog!

FabricFascination said...

You have found some wonderful items from the team, they look great!

Pam Geisel - For Quilts Sake said...

Thanks for including one of my pieces in this beautiful collection! I'm not a gardener myself...I don't like to get my hands dirty!