Saturday, March 6, 2010

"Hope is patience with the lamp lit."
Tertullian

It has been exactly one month since I last posted an entry and so many things have happened and not all have been pleasant.

I sadly announce that our pet of 6 years went missing a couple of days after my last post.  We spent the next 3 weeks searching for him but have had no luck and no leads as to what happened to him.   We have heard many stories of pets returning after weeks of having gone missing and we still hold out some hope, but At this point we are slowly starting to accept that we may not see him again and it saddens us greatly and leaves an empty spot in our hearts.  Tumble, wherever you are we miss you very much and love you with all our hearts.


On a happy note, I also spent last month working on my next big project, a Double Wedding Ring quilt.  This is being done for my nephew and his new bride that were married on February 20th.

I made this quilt in all neutral tone on tone colors and a border of gold that is also used in the rings.  This is a queen size quilt that has been quilted on a domestic sewing machine with an extra large bed and was quilted in a very simple design to keep it looking more contemporary instead of traditional.  I am in the last steps of quilting the border of this quilt and then it will be mailed off to the happy couple this next week so that they may use it in their new home.

How did you spend your cold February days? 

Spring is just around the corner and March will be spent doing some yard work to clear up my herb garden area and get it ready for planting.  It is time to be organized and practice some time management skills so that I can get it all done and still have time to sew.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Sorry about your missing kitty. Tumble looks a lot like my Buster cat - I know you must miss him so much.

The DWR quilt is lovely, I really like the way you framed and bordered it, very nicely done!