Monday, May 3, 2010

Where Does the Time Go?

"Only in the present do things happen."
Jorge Luis Borges

I can't believe it has been over a month that I last posted an entry.  Needless to say I have been buried in custom work and finally have a short break between orders.
I was asked to make a t-shirt quilt for a college graduate and although I had never made one before I took on the challenge.  It was an experience that I am happy to say resulted in what I and my client think was a beauty.   I will be finding out next week if the college graduate loves it too.

When that order was finished I had a photo memory quilt to make as a birthday gift for my clients grandmother as she celebrates her 70th birthday.  I lovingly call this one "the beast" because it just about swallowed me up at my sewing table.  This quilt consists of 100 family photographs that are printed on photo fabric and have two border strips before they were pieced together with dark brown sashing.
I finally have a short break and am able to start creating a few items for my Etsy shop so I decided to start with my "Apple Blossom Baby" that was inspired by a "Project Quilting" challenge.  This challenge is the creation of Kim Lapaceks, a member of the Quiltsy Team on Etsy, and is based on the Project Runway theme.  You can read about her challenge at http://kimscraftyapple.blogspot.com/ and feel free to enter future challenges as it is open to all quilters.  You can also enter to win the public giveaway, so check it out, you too may be a winner.

After creating "Apple Blossom Baby"  I decided to give her a few sisters and so far have created...

 



Daisy May and in the process of finishing up Lavendar with a few others on the drawing board.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow--everything is soooo gorgeous! I love the quilts!!!! And the dolls are sooo precious!!!