Friday, September 28, 2012

TGIF and Thrift Store Thursday


It's Friday and time to share my Thursday Thrift Store Finds.

Lately I have been creating some one of a kind dress form mannequin pincushions that can also be used to hang necklaces.  I re-purpose or recycle cast away items for the base of each mannequin.  Sometimes it is a glass or brass candle holder and sometimes I use ice cream dishes or stemmed glass ware that I pickup at local thrift stores.


It is time to gear up for my yearly holiday season craft shows so yesterday I went to a local thrift store and brought home some great finds to incorporate into some new designs


Stemmed glassware is so fun to use as a base but the key is to look for something that has a good weight for stability.  You also have to make sure that you use the right kind of glue because not all glues work on glass. There are many different glues on the market just look for something that is appropriate for the materials that you use.


Each mannequin fabric will be selected to coordinate with the style of the base and then embellished accordingly.  Every design will be a one of a kind item and I will be blogging about each creation as it becomes a reality, so please come back and see which one of these great finds will be first to become a base for a lovely lady.

If you re-purpose or recycle any items please leave a comment and let me know what kinds of items you try to keep out of the landfills to help our environment.  I love to hear what others are making.

No comments: