Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday Feature

This week I am featuring four different Etsy artisans whose items I just love


The first item in my favorites this week is this lovely "Bohemian Tulips Wooden Trinket Box" by Anycards. You will find many different styles and designs in this shop that are great gift items for yourself or someone else. Check this shop out just in time for holiday gift giving.
http//www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=31049813



My next three picks for this week come from members of the Homefront Team. This team is a group of military spouses and significant others that help support and serve this country in their own way. Behind every soldier there is a family that loves them, supports them and prays for them daily and these three are some of those dedicated people.

At "D-Lightful Designs" I found this cute little polymer clay dragon named "Pansy" and at a petite 4 inches tall she is a cutie. The detail in this sculpture is amazing and she can be found frolicking with some of her friends athttp//www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=22429798



My next pick is on the more practical side but is still a fun and unique little item. The banner in this shop reads, "reduce, reuse, recycle", and by the looks of this little notebook this shop lives by its words.

If you are like me I am always hunting for something to write on and this notebook would be perfect for jotting down those grocery lists or to keep notes on your next project. This is also a great holiday gift and great for a stocking stuffer. You can find this and a variety of other designs at "The Chameleons Attic" http//www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=23783429

When I saw this picture I found it so moving, inspiring and close to my heart, especially as a member of the Homefront Team.


This 5X7 photograph of a bronzed flag that is part of a War Memorial in Powell, Wyoming titled, "Our Flag Was Still There", is one of the many beautiful items you will find at CreationsAnew. Note cards and frameable pictures that are beautiful as well as inspiring are the items you will find in this shop. Another shop with some great gift giving ideas. http//www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=26544860

I hope you enjoyed my picks this week and will help support our military families and other Etsy artisans by buying handmade.

3 comments:

Robin@creations-anew.com said...

All you pics are some of my favorite too..Thanks so much for including my "Our Flag Was Still There".

Robin
CreationsAnew

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Lovely items. The flag one is heartbreaking though. It depicts what it is supposed to wonderfully. The heartbreaking part is knowing that people leave their flags out all tattered and worn instead of fresh and flowing. They should be taken down and replaced when they get worn and torn. Then disposed of properly.

quiltingfrenzy said...

I just want readers to know that the picture of the tattered flag is actually a bronzed flag at a War Memorial in Powell, Wyoming and not a flag that someone has left unattended.

Thanks.