Monday, September 28, 2009

Monday Mayhem

My Monday was not as hectic as last week, thank God. The biggest decision today is to buy or not to buy.

I spent the last two days going from one store to another looking for a new serger. For those of you that do not sew, a serger is an overlock machine that gives you those nice finished seams in store bought clothing. Those of us that do sew know that some items just can not be made in a professional manner without one of these little machines.

I have seen numerous brands and although they all do basically the same thing, some of them could break the bank. I even have been looking on ebay to see what is available, so I have let my fingers do the walking and not just spent the day driving all over town. I have spoken to dealers that were knowledgeable and some that I was not sure if they new what they were selling and I am still not ready to take the plunge.

The serger I have has been in the family for the last 15 yrs and although it still runs it needs to be retired to a backup and not my primary machine. As all of you out there that sew know, buying a new machine is a big decision that requires "test driving" numerous models and asking tons of questions. So my quest continues and I hope that by next week at this time I will be the proud owner of a new serger that will meet my needs.

Wish me luck, or at least wish me patience so that I don't loose my mind as well as my wallet along the way.

No comments: