Saturday, December 5, 2009

Hung By the Chimeny wih care


As I continue my decorating frenzy, I don't just quilt like that, I have to move from one section of the room and keep it somewhat organized.  An organized frenzy, imagine that.LOL

I set up my mantel decorations with the focus being a sketch of the city of Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Germany that I purchased at an estate sale about 5 years ago. 

Having spent many years in Germany while DH was in the army, this sketch immediately caught our eye and we just had to have it.  The frame was an inexpensive buy and the mat was a $$$ saving diy project, maybe that will be my next tutorial.

 I love to decorate, but keeping it on a budget is very important to me.  DH and I shop the after Christmas sales for the best bargins and have found some great items.  My tin soldiers, stocking hangers and garland, were all purchased that way over several years but have come together very nicely, at least that is what I think.


The next stop will be my entry way and dinning room as I finish up downstairs.  With Christmas being my favorite holiday and after so many years of collecting Christmas decorations and receiving some as gifts I am able to make my home a holiday extravaganza.  I wonder what I can add to my collection this year?   I still have four weeks to enjoy all this and then I will see what those after Christmas sales have to offer.

No comments: