Sunday, July 24, 2011

Creative Day 2 - Breakfast Inspiration

After starting my creative journey yesterday I really had no idea what to create on day two. I went to bed uncertain of where the road to creativity would take me and decided that I would wait for the coming daylight to bring me some inspiration.

I woke up at 7:30 am, which is really late for me, with thoughts of making fresh coffee, waffles and bacon for breakfast.  The coffee, of course, came first and then I started frying bacon and anyone that has ever fried bacon will know, grease begins to spatter everywhere and this is where my inspiration came from today, an apron with a matching set of potholders was what I needed to create.

The fabric I chose is actually a cotton decorator fabric that is a bit heavier than regular cotton fabric, but for an apron it is the perfect weight.

First came the apron, a full size one with adjustable neck strap and ties that wrap around to the front making it easy to tie up.


The two potholders incorporate my quilting skills in this project.  One potholder is made with the matching apron fabric and quilted in an outline stitch on part of the fabric design, the other is a traditional quilt square in colors that compliment the apron and both have hanging loops.



Please feel free to leave a comment, idea or suggestion.  After warming up with two easy project I plan on doing something a bit more involved tomorrow, so please make sure you check back in to see what I am up to.

No comments: