Sunday, July 31, 2011

Creativity Day 8 - Beaded Postcard and Padded Envelopes

Since it is the weekend I didn't want to take up my whole day working on something that was very hard or involved lots of time.  Last week I made some handcrafted envelopes for some fabric postcards but today I wanted to create padded envelopes that would protect a fabric post card with embellishments.

I did a quick Google search and found several websites offering tutorials for padded envelopes , the directions were easy to understand with some great visual instructions to follow.  I had everything I needed on hand, bubble wrap, double stick tape and cardstock.


After following the instructions I had my padded envelopes to pair with some Christmas Gift Tag/ Cards in my Etsy shop and a new listing for this beaded fabric Christmas card.  The envelopes are sturdy and ready to be addressed and sent off in the mail.



This was a fun envelope project and very simple to do with just a little bit of research involved and now I have some great new items to pair with some of my inventory.

What special things do you do when it comes to gift wrapping especially at Christmas time?  Please comment and share any thoughts or ideas.

No comments: