Monday, July 25, 2011

Creative Day 3 - A New Technique

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord and his wonders in the deep.
PSALMS 107:23-24

The last two days have inspired a postcard and an apron and potholder set which are really not new techniques to me.  Today I would like to try something new and see how it works out.

Paper piecing is a quilting technique that requires you to sew pieces of fabric onto a foundation of paper in a particular order and end up with a design. Here is what I designed today.


The paper pieced block was a 2 1/2 inch square for the sail boat, adding some extra sky on the top and sea on the bottom I was able to make it large enough to create another postcard.  The postcard can be framed as art or mailed in the handcrafted envelope I created to go along with it.


This project of paper piecing was quick and fun and turned out a mini block that I would never have been able to do using any other method of piecing.

If you drop in please leave a comment, I always love to hear from everyone.



1 comment:

rooee said...

this is great! i love paper piecing too!