Monday, August 1, 2011

Creativity Day 9 - Fall Table Runner

After having made some holiday postcards I decided it was time to start gearing up with inventory for my holiday craft shows.  I also hope that creating Fall items will help me at least feel like it is getting cooler even when it is 100 degrees outside.

Fall brings about changing leaves from green to gold with varying shades of orange in between so I created this Fall runner to showcase those colors.


I always like to make my runners reversible, sometimes you just want to change things up during the holidays, so why not get a two for one deal with pumpkins and squash on the back to celebrate the season.



Holidays mean family and friends getting together sharing meals and having a good time, so why not dress up your surroundings with handmade items that reflect the season to add to the mood.  I love the holidays and decorating is always a family affair so this item is perfect for celebrating Fall.

1 comment:

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Oh those colors are lovely and so is the thought of cooler weather! Wonder if I put a 5 gallon bucket of water on the table if it'll rain too!I like your idea of the power of suggestion and at this point, I'm game for just about anything.