Saturday, January 30, 2010

Frenzy's Frantic February


"I'm a visionary; I'm ahead of my time. 
Trouble is, I'm only about an hour and a half ahead."
George Carlin

Next month will be a race to get ready for the 2010 season at the local Trade and Market Days monthly shows.  I will be adding several new items to my inventory getting ready for the Spring and Easter season along with items that will add to the fun and festivites of local events.  I have selected two new projects to complete during February as part of my quest to complete as many UFOs as possible this year.  Then there are family commitments that need to be taken care of and my nephews wedding to attend.  I can feel the blood pressure rising already and the "works well under pressure" title going into full swing.LOL 

The first project, in my quest to "tame the beast within" of UFOs, will be to put together a quilt top of crazy quilt blocks.  These beautiful blocks are the result of a block swap that I hosted on an on-line forum and they have been sitting in my collection for about a year and a half.  The blocks will be put together with sashings and cornerstones and some will be embellished along the way.  This quilt when completed will be added to my personal collection.


The second selection is a lap quilt that was added to the collection of UFOs about 8 months ago.  The top needs the last border attached and after the top is finished it will be quilted and a binding will be added.  This quilt will be listed in my Etsy shop as soon as it is done.

Kick off day for these projects will be Monday February 1st at 9:00 am, after I check in with friends on the internet and have some much needed coffee.  I have a few days to gather my supplies and prepare for a very busy month.  I hope everyone meets their goals next month, I know I will be doing my best to do so.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

We have to get some crazy quilts finished so we can put them in our shops. Not many of them around, we might get a following. I thin I have a repeat buyer on most of my crazy quilting!