Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Mother's Work is Never Done


"If evolution really works,
how come mothers only have two hands?"
Milton Berle

No she is not in Kindergarden, nor in elementary school, she is not even in high school, but mom is still driving her to school.  It is the first day of the spring semester in her 2nd year of college.  You may ask.... Why is mom driving her to school?   Dad is having a hard time admitting that his baby is growing up and she is ready to fly the nest.:)  I think DD and I need to come up with some ideas to "help" Dad see the light and let go.



    
I love my baby, she is the youngest, but if we don't find alternate transportation for work and school soon I think I am going to go bonkers.  If I had a dollar for every time I   have had to interupt my sewing, crafting, cooking, reading, tv watching, etc, etc, etc to run and play taxi mom, I would be one rich lady.  Instead I am one disorganized crafter with
a stack of UFO quilts, eating meals that are just thrown together, missing out on the cliff hangers and never able to finish a book in peace.

Well at least she has classes all day and I have some uninterrupted time to do some sewing, that is if nothing else comes up that needs my undivided attention.  I just hope she doesn't have to go to work tonight or I will be driving again.

No comments: